There’s a spot for you here at Brookside Congregational Church
Many good people are being sought by the Nominating Committee to fill openings on ministry groups and committees as the need arises.
Service is one of the responsibilities of membership and “people power” is needed to keep our church humming along. If you want to serve, but do not know where there is a need, or if you have a special skill please speak to the Pastor or a Nominating Committee member.
If a ministry member position or a committee sounds like more than you can handle, why not try ushering, reading, singing in the choir, teaching Sunday School, or helping at New Horizons? For more ways to get involved in the Brookside community click here.
For a printer friendly version* of the updated Committee list (in PDF format), click here.
* You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the PDF file. Click here to download it for free.
Brookside Congregational Church Ministries
- Council of Ministries: The Council of Ministries is the leadership body of the church.
- Christian Formation Ministry: The principal mission of the Christian Formation Ministry is to nurture the growth of the whole congregational in Christian discipleship and to provide opportunities to strengthen the bonds of covenant.
- Mission Ministry: The prinicipal mission of the Mission Ministry is to provide opportunities for members of the congregation and church resources to be effectively utilized in service to others.
- Stewardship Ministry: The prinicipal mission of the Stewardship Ministry is to responsibly manage and develop all of the Church’s assets which include buildings, furnishings, equipment, land people (time and talents), annual giving, planned giving, and endowments.
Brookside Congregational Church Committees
- Nominating Committee: Works with covenant members who are likely candidates for leadership positions on our boards and committees, or as officers of the church.
- Church Delegates: Represents our congregation at Association (semiannual) and Conference (annual) meetings throughout the course of the year.
- Flower Committee: Maintains our list of flowers for Sunday Worship, and arranges for the beautiful displays of poinsettias at Christmas and lilies at Easter.
- Women’s Union: The mission of the Women’s Union is to unite the women of the church in effective work for the church, the community and the world. Through monies from the Christmas Fair and other funds, we are able to support various missions and charitable organizations, and also help with some of the maintenance costs of the church and Manning House. Men are also invited to attend meetings but are affiliate (non-voting) members. For more information, click here.
- The Thrift Shop: Takes in clothing, toys & other goods, redistributing for a small fee. Profits generated are given to several charitable organizations. For more information, click here.
There are many other ways to get involved in the Brookside community. Click here for more information.
If you have any questions, or would like to speak with the pastor, feel free to contact us. We have a fully staffed office and can be reached during normal business hours, or via email/voice mail after hours.